Thursday, March 12, 2015

Why Not Now?


Why Not Now? (Vivian Stancil's Leap) - Improvised Life
 
Oh not again
No not that pain
I’m not in the frame
For that fictitious claim

Gee, not today
Go another way
I have nothing to say
Not ready for another delay

A good evening
Oh I was just leaving
I am just not receiving
What you poor folk believing 
 
A little prayer
Just to show we care
And why God we revere
That’s why we came through here

A bit busy now
Next time somehow
Not in the mood for a row
Next time I’ll keep my vow

No time to waste
Time to make haste
Can’t afford to be chaste
I really must cater to my taste

I’m not in a trap
No danger of a mishap
Never have to face that rap
Such notions are deluded crap

Image result for images of christian witnessing

Consider this line
I can hear you whine
But with death you dine
While clutched in sin’s confine

You can be free
Just stop your spree
Long enough and you’ll see
And sure enough you will agree

Jesus is your hope
On life’s slippery slope
No prophet priest or Pope
Can do more to help you cope

Look I have to go
All this I already know
So many have told me so
But I have to go with the flow

Image result for images of christian witnessing

Another mistake
This confidence you fake
Why not for your own sake
Trust Jesus a better life to make

I have a date
I am sure to be late
If you keep up this rate
Later I shall consider my fate

Not just an excuse
I trust you won’t refuse
Right now I’m not enthused
And it’s still my choice to choose

So out of here
Not worried don’t care
You have no need to fear
It won’t be your pain to bear

I’m so sorry
You’re in a hurry
But believe you me
It’s your dead you will bury

A call to reflect
Another time you reject
God’s word of none effect
A hardening of heart I detect

That fictitious claim
Comes your way again
Why not board the train
And be saved in Jesus’ name

Image result for images of christian witnessing



Stewart Russell © 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment