Tuesday, May 30, 2017

I Have A Voice



Image result for images for public speaking

I have a voice
It was given to me
By God the Creator
 The Almighty

It articulates my opinion
And expresses my choice
It gives vent to my feelings
Thank God for my voice

It breaks forth in melodies
And praises to God
It declares His word
And his wonders laud

It explodes in anger
When I am provoked
But calms a friend
Finding it difficult to cope

It is sometimes still
With nothing to say
Then it proclaims loudly
That God is the way

Image result for images for public speaking

It gives expression
To so many facets
Social and Spiritual
And many other aspects

It can be soft
Or it can be loud
And sometimes what it says
Doesn’t make me proud

It can be hurtful
In its discourse
And has to be restrained
With much needed force

It is expressed in words
That cut and sting
Or in a song
That soothes when I sing

I can use it for evil
Or I can use it for good
I dare say
For the latter I really should

Image result for images for public speaking

I have a responsibility
When using my voice
To make sure always
I make the right choice

Using it to bless others
And honouring the Lord
Telling of his goodness
And proclaiming his word

Using it to witness
To a world that is lost
Of the Saviour’s love
Expressed on the cross

Of his death and burial
And his resurrection too
And the hope it holds
For me and for you

Announcing his coming
With an assured voice
Convincing the world
To make him their choice

I have a voice
And with it I pray
Lord use this voice
As a blessing today

Stewart Russell © April, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment