Thursday, June 25, 2015

I Am A Teacher


Image result for images of a teacherI am a teacher.  I have selected my vocation with pensive care, not so much for what I receive from it, but rather, for the contribution I am able to make.  I contribute to so many lives.  I produce doctors, lawyers, other teachers, artisans, engineers, pilots, presidents and even prime ministers.  Without my input, ours would be a world of lawlessness, aimlessness and utter chaos.

I build families, societies, churches and nations.  My resources are wide and varied, unlimited even.  Can you really begin to imagine a world without me?  There are those times when I am a doctor, lawyer, police, father, mother, nurse and without doubt a counsellor.  I am all of these and more to those placed in my charge.  And believe it, I receive only one salary.  But I do not mind, for without me, no one would even get a salary.

You see, I am not so much concerned about what I get, but what I can give.  If sometime during your life, you have benefitted from a teacher, remember me.  I only do it because I care.  After all, I am a teacher!      

Stewart Russell © 1999 

No comments:

Post a Comment